Steps to Request Accommodation Letters
At the beginning of each semester, you are responsible to notify instructors of your approved accommodations by sending an Accommodation Letter.
- Review your syllabi at the beginning of the semester. Look at the requirements of each of your classes and consider your disability-related needs. Some accommodations may not be necessary for every course.
- Log in to the DRO Student Portal and click “Send Accommodation Letters.” This will notify your instructors of your approved accommodations. Remember, accommodations are not retroactive and may take time to be implemented, so be sure to send your letters as early in the semester as possible.
- Follow applicable class notes (must be eligible for these accommodations)
- If your instructor needs you to take exams with the DRO, schedule a space as soon as possible.
- Keep in touch. Communicate with your instructors throughout the semester. If you have any questions, concerns or run into any issues in this process, contact the DRO immediately.