At the beginning of each semester, a student connected with approved accommodations must follow the below process to utilize accommodations in their courses.
- Log in to the DRO Student portal and click “Accommodation Letters.” This will notify your instructors of your approved accommodations. Changes to the course schedule may require additional requests for any new courses added.
- Review and understand the Specific Accommodation Descriptions and Procedures of each accommodation that you requested and contact instructors to discuss and implement accommodations. Accommodations may not be provided without a discussion with the Instructor. Some accommodations may take time to be implemented and need to be set up well in advance of intended use.
- If needed, request any assistive technology, accessible textbooks and Class Notes (Must be eligible for these accommodations)
- If your instructor needs you to take exams with the DRO, schedule a space as soon as possible.
- Contact the DRO as soon as possible if there are any challenges in requesting accommodations, need for changes to accommodations or questions concerning the use of accommodations listed in the accommodation letter.