Role of Course Instructors in the Accommodation Process
- After a student sends their Accommodation Letter for your course, you will receive a notification via email. You can view and manage all accommodation requests for your courses using the Instructor Portal.
- Review the letter for the student’s accommodations. If unsure of your responsibilities or how to implement a particular accommodation, review the instructions on providing accommodations or contact the DRO.
- Communicate and collaborate with the student to implement the accommodation in a timely manner.
- Consult with the DRO if you have any concerns about the provision of an accommodation in your course.
- Maintain Student Confidentiality.
Role of the Student in the Accommodation Process
- Determine what approved accommodations you may need for each course.
- Send Accommodation Letters in a timely manner.
- Communicate with your instructors about your accommodations.
- Follow applicable procedures for your accommodations.
- Keep in touch. Communicate with your instructors throughout the semester. If you have any questions or run into any issues using accommodations, contact the DRO immediately.
Role of the Disability Resource Office in the Accommodation Process
- Determine approved accommodations for students.
- Provide training to students on how to request letters and the use of accommodations.
- Provide services and accommodations in a timely manner.
- Consult with students and instructors on how to best implement reasonable accommodations.
- Communicate to student accommodations which are not reasonable.
- Maintain student confidentiality.