Skip to main content

Transitioning To College From High School

The Disability Resource Office is committed to helping students with disabilities and their parents make a smooth transition from high school to the university. First, it is helpful to understand that the laws governing a university education are very different from those governing K-12 and so is the accommodation process. Students with disabilities who received accommodations in high school should be aware that universities do not necessarily provide the same accommodations set forth in their IEP or 504 Plan. Learn more about understanding the new expectations, roles and responsibilities for students in higher education by reviewing the links below.