The DRO provides limited proctoring services when an instructor is unable to provide testing accommodations within the academic department and requires the use of an alternative testing location.
Location, Hours and Contact Information
- The DRO Proctoring Center is located in Suite 107 on the first floor of the University College Commons building.
- DRO’s secondary Proctoring Center is located in DRO’s main office – Suite 304 on the third floor of the University College Commons building.
E-mail – email@example.com – Preferred method for quickest response
Telephone – 919-513-3769
Regular Semester Proctoring Hours:
- 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM Monday through Friday
Final Exam Proctoring Hours:
- 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM on regularly scheduled final exam days.
DRO does not administer exams on the Reading Day(s).
Scheduling space indicates that both the student and the instructor:
- have reviewed and discussed the student’s Accommodation Letter;
- understand and agree to the approved testing accommodations; and
- understand and agree to comply with DRO policies and procedures as well as the Code of Student Conduct.
Main Campus Courses
To ensure space availability, all reservations should be made as early in the semester as possible. Request must be made no less than three business days (unless otherwise specified) before each exam date.
- Request space at the DRO through the DRO Student Portal. If space is unavailable or you encounter challenges use the DRO Scheduling Form.
- Once a space request has been made, notify the instructor of the date and time by forwarding the confirmation email. Instructors will receive an email notification requesting confirmation of exam details and to upload it. DRO proctors as indicated by the details provided.
Centennial Campus Courses
- Schedule at DELTA Testing Services by completing DELTA’s Request Form at least 72 hours prior to the test.
- Or if preferred, schedule at the DRO following Main Campus process above.
Distance Education and Online Courses
- Download and send a copy of the Accommodation Letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , notify DELTA Testing Services that you wish to schedule the tests with accommodations and specify which accommodations you wish to use.
If you do not submit a copy of the letter to DELTA your testing accommodations may be delayed.
*NOTE – DRO and DELTA are different departments!
Students arriving more than 20 minutes late will need to have the instructor send permission to the DRO for the student to take the exam within the remaining time or to re-schedule. Testers that arrive 1-20 minutes late will only receive the remaining time of their scheduled reservation.
Students must contact DRO as soon as they know they will not need to or will not be able to keep a reservation. Repeated no-shows may result in a student’s remaining reservations being cancelled.
DRO does not provide parking passes for testing. Plan to park wherever you do for class and walk / take the Wolfline to your testing location.
DRO utilizes cameras to assist in the monitoring of the testing space. Students are expected to adhere to the Code of Student Conduct. Infractions will result in the exam period’s immediate termination and notification will be sent to the instructor. Students found to be cheating multiple times may lose the privilege to take tests at the DRO Proctoring Center.
DRO has headphones available to reduce ambient noise distractions. Students may use their own personal noise cancelling headphones when approved by the proctoring staff. Computers are equipped with assistive technology and standard software; however, instructors should consult with DRO if a specific computer program or software is required. Students may only use computers when specified by the instructor or if needed as an accommodation.
Disallowed items must be left in your bag and always include communication devices (phones, tablets, smart watches) and smart pens. Turn off your phone -including alarms- before checking in. Phones that ring or have alarms go off will be turned off by DRO staff.