At the beginning of each semester, a student connected and approved to receive accommodations with the DRO must follow the appropriate process to receive accommodations in their courses.
- Log in and request accommodations from the DRO Student portal and click “Accommodation Letters.” Changes to the course schedule may require additional requests for any new courses added.
- Review the Specific Accommodation Descriptions and Procedures of each accommodation that you requested and contact instructors to discuss and implement accommodations. Accommodations may not be provided without a discussion with the Instructor. Some accommodations may take time to be implemented and need to be set up well in advance of intended use.
- If needed, request any assistive technology, accessible textbooks and Class Notes (Must be eligible for these accommodations)
- If your instructor needs you to take exams with the DRO, schedule a space as soon as possible.
- Review the information found on the Approved Accommodations page.
- Contact your DRO access consultant or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if there are any challenges in requesting accommodations, changes to accommodations or questions concerning the use of accommodations listed in the accommodation letter.