This space should have the following features: fewer sensory distractions than the usual testing environment (ie. visual dividers, headphones, testers spread out) and the student should have the option to start and end the test in the same room. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide a reduced distraction space at the department or Arrange proctoring through DRO.
Please note: For various reasons such as DRO space or staffing, it may be necessary for the instructor’s flexibility regarding the day/time of test administration.
- Meet with the instructor to determine whether the test will be in the academic department or at the DRO.
- Schedule tests by the established deadlines to guarantee availability.
- Test scheduling conflicts must be addressed with the instructor and resolved well in advance of the test. See Taking Exams With DRO
- Provide a reduced distraction testing space when the student has made a reservation.
- When requested, provide earplugs or noise dampening headphones.