- Otter -Cloud based recording with automatic transcription ( Mobile, PC, Cloud-based) – Reduced rate for Education (Discount rate for students, free 600 minute access per month trial with email account)
- Notability – Notetaking app for IOS devices. ($11.99 per year, 14 day free trial)
- OneNote – Microsoft’s free notetaking tool available with students Office 365 account
- Mic Note – Free recording app for Windows, Mac, Chrome, and Linux
- Glean – Cloud based notetaking app that includes import of slide deck, recording, and auto-transcription. ($12.99 per mo)
- Livescribe Echo (Discontinued product but DRO still has working pens available for loan)
The slides for the webinar have additional information on the products. Other recording resources:
- Livescribe Training Videos
- How to use Notability
- How to get Office 365 at NC State
- How to take notes with OneNote
- How to record lectures using One Note
Note: The Disability Resource Office has a limited number of digital recording hardware (Sony digital recorder, Livescribe Echo Pen) for short-term (semester) loans to evaluate effectivness as a personal device.
Livescribe pens, notebooks, ink, and recording headsets are available for purchase from the Wolfpack Outfitters technology department.
If you would like a one-on-one consultation on technology to facilitate your accommodation of recording lectures or notetaking assistance, you can make an appointment with the Assistive Technology Coordinator by calling the DRO at 919-515-7653