- Otter -Cloud-based recording with automatic transcription ( Mobile, PC, Cloud-based) – Reduced rate for Education (Discount rate for students, free 600-minute access per month trial with an email account)
- Notability – Notetaking app for IOS devices. ($11.99 per year, 14-day free trial)
- OneNote – Microsoft’s free notetaking tool available with a student’s Office 365 account
- Mic Note – Free recording app for Windows, Mac, Chrome, and Linux
- Glean – Cloud-based notetaking app that includes import of slide deck, recording, and auto-transcription. ($12.99 per mo)
- Note Taking Express – Cloud base recording app that records with an option to pay for summary notes (24 & 48 hours turn around, check website for latest rates)
- Livescribe Echo (DRO still has some pens for semester loan to try. Submit an AT Request in the DRO Student Portal)
The slides for the webinar have additional information on the products. Other recording resources:
- Livescribe Training Videos
- How to use Notability
- How to get Office 365 at NC State
- How to take notes with OneNote
- How to record lectures using One Note
Note: The Disability Resource Office has a limited number of digital recording hardware (Sony digital recorder, Livescribe Echo Pen) for short-term (semester) loans to evaluate effectivness as a personal device.
Livescribe pens, notebooks, ink, and recording headsets are available for purchase from the Wolfpack Outfitters technology department.
If you would like a one-on-one consultation on technology to facilitate your accommodation of recording lectures or notetaking assistance, you can make an appointment with the Assistive Technology Coordinator by calling the DRO at 919-515-7653