Made to help mathematics and STEM teachers and students at all levels, EquatIO® lets everyone create mathematical equations, formulas, Desmos graphs, and more on their computer or Chromebook.
Input’s easy. Type, handwrite, or dictate any expression, with no tricky coding or math languages to master. There’s a huge library of ready-made expressions to save you time, from simple formulas to complex functions.
When you’re done, just add the math to your document with a click.
How to Install:
Please install the EquatIO extension by logging out of any personal Chrome account and logging into your NCSU Chrome Account: YouTube video of how to log into Chrome
The follow these steps to install the Chrome Extension:
- Log into Chrome using your @ncsu.edu account (video on how above)
- Click this link: EquatIO for Google Chrome in the Chrome Web Store and click on “add to Chrome”
- Refresh your Chrome browser by clicking on the clockwise arrow to the left of the address bar.
- Click on the EquatIO icon in your address bar to open the program.
- Accept all permissions (they are safe and have been vetted by the University Security Team)
- Watch these short training tutorials to learn how to use the extension to do voiced math.
Other Equatio® platforms (Windows, Mac, Chrome, Web App) are available for download through the NCSU Software Licensing Website.
Log-in as a student, staff, or faculty member and then follow the installation instructions for the product EquatIO.
Please contact Rebecca Sitton, Assistive Technology Coordinator if you have additional questions about this product or installation.