Text to speech software can be used by the student to record in-class assignment or test answers. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Allow student to utilize text to speech software at the department or schedule testing through the DRO.
- For the student to use an text to speech at the DRO, it may be necessary for the instructor to be flexible about when the student takes the test for various reasons, such as DRO space, equipment, or staff availability.
- Meet with your instructor to determine whether the test will be at the department or at the DRO.
- Any test scheduling conflicts should be addressed with the instructor and resolved well in advance of the test.
- Provide equipment for use during tests and in-class assignments.