Essential to the larger mission of the institution, the DRO advocates for an equitable and inclusive student experience by eliminating institutional barriers to ensure an equal opportunity to participate in the North Carolina State University experience for students with disabilities.
- Promote an inclusive, accessible campus environment where students are viewed on their ability, not disability.
- Establish and publicize clear guidelines and procedures to address the responsibilities of the University and student in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as amended 2008.
- Determine appropriate academic adjustments and accommodations/services so that students with disabilities are provided an equal opportunity to participate.
- Utilize the latest technology to enhance and support independence in the educational experiences of students with disabilities.
- Provide students with disabilities the opportunity to develop and grow skills necessary to advocate for themselves within the campus community.